Saturday, January 15, 2011

Read Write Web: Infinite Family's EzNet

After reading the article by Curt Hopkins titled "Virtual Mentoring Lessons the Burden on Kids in South America" it reminded me that there are so many kind-hearted people in the world.  When listening to the news, especially the recent events in Tucson, Arizona, you capitalize on the evil events that happen around the world.  Too often those events are highlighted and are given too much attention while those positive experiences are ignored.  The Infinite Family's EzNet is a tool used to strengthen and build positive relationships with trained mentors.  It provides South African teens with opportunities to share favorable experiences both socially and academically.  As I take what I have learned from this article into my teaching experience, I have to remind myself that my students view me as their mentor.  Their experiences in my classroom need to be productive and useful.  As I continue to invite technology into the classroom arena, I have to remind myself to not give up and seek support from my mentors and fellow colleagues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment