Saturday, February 12, 2011

Education Week: Facebook Keeps Class in When School is Out

I don't know about you but as a student I was thrilled to celebrate when we had a snow day.  Even as an educator, taking a break can be a relief.  Well an article written by Jenna Mink explains how some teachers continue to educate even when snow days occur.  Some educators in Warren County Public Schools take the opportunity to use Facebook to continue to instruct their students.  Granted these are students in AP courses and they are more than willing to continue the learning experience outside of the classroom, yet I say let kids be kids and enjoy the day off.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you: and I hate to say it, but let teachers be teachers. I love snow days more now than I ever did as a student (except for maybe the one I had as an undergrad student ;). I think we all benefit as much from a day off as we would from pushing more onto ourselves and our students.

    ReplyDelete