Friday, February 25, 2011

Education Week: Value of College-Admissions Test-Prep Classes Unclear

I found this article to be very interesting, because there is so much emphasis on preparing for the ACT/SAT exams.  I remember myself trying to prepare for what I thought was the biggest test of my life.  The anxiety was unbearable and I felt like if I failed that I would never get into college.  The article talks about how much parents spend on tutors, prep courses, and/or prep materials.  They challenge that, this last chance attempt for preparation will probably not benefit students much if any at all.  The article also stressed that college entrance criteria is not solely based on this test, so parents and students need to put there focus on the whole "student package."

No comments:

Post a Comment